Anywhere But Here

In September, I went to India on an all women's mission team. Yikes, I was nervous about that one. I have never traveled internationally without Josh at least waiting for me at the other end of the gate. I survived and then some. India, however, was one of those countries that was clearly written in bold letters in my never, ever want to travel there list. I went out of obligation. The ministry was more than amazing, the life changing, never gonna forget it kind.


Things were running so well and people were getting set free and ministered to and one day I was sitting there in my chair and I began rehearsing all the places throughout my life that I found myself in. You know those places you never wanted to be? Funeral homes picking out a casket, hospital rooms saying goodbye, graveside services, three pointed American flags placed in the arms of my daughter, so many other scenes that flashed through my mind like a short film. I remember telling the Lord so many times that I never wanted to be here. All those myriad of scenarios. Then India, with the smiling faces of the little children hands reaching out to shake mine, the beautiful women wrapped in saris laughing at our attempts to learn their language. And the Lord started speaking to my heart. You never wanted to be those hard places, but you never wanted to be here in India either, and look how I've blessed you through this experience and how you've blessed others as well, from being here.

Since that day I've found myself saying the same thing, how I never thought I'd be dealing with such and such a problem. Times wear me out with their difficulties and I grow weary of the struggle. But in it and through it I have the confidence that the Lord has all things in His hands, and there will be a blessing for me and others in the midst.

Comments

Popular Posts