Sweet Clarity

Well, well, well, I don't know about you, but this year has taken a turn I didn't even imagine could occur. I'm a teacher, at a small private school, but we were given two weeks to kind of, hopefully, just wait out the storm. However, in finding that the storm is lasting a little longer than we hoped, now is the time to form a new game plan. So tomorrow, I will embark on online teaching my 4th graders. Whew! Since the beginning, my husband, the pastor was immediately thrown overboard into the crashing waves to figure out how to shepherd a flock from the web. My littles are finding how not to be bored while stuck at home without their friends, and my college student is quickly learning to make the switch from campus life to all online classes. And that's all in my house. How about yours?

There is not one person who has not had their day to day altered and I don't even know one person who is actually sick. I'm talking about the whole spectrum from losing jobs and closing businesses to the hunt for toilet paper. This isn't just local, it isn't just national, its global. We're all enduring this storm in one way or another.

There are words floating around like essential, social distancing, shelter in place. I don't know about you but I'd always hoped I was important but come on. I'm an introvert by nature, but I do like being around some people from time to time, and my house is comfortable but I do like to have company over or take the kids to the park or go out to a restaurant for date night.

These are things I guess I took for granted. Getting to go to work and meet with my students everyday. Gathering on Sunday and Wednesday with our congregation and worshipping together. Celebrating my 25th wedding anniversary with dinner and a movie. Now even the simple things like buying groceries remind us of the hidden dangers of socializing.



Yet, when I look back at everybody talking about clearer vision in 2020, haha, and learning that we would never get to the point of not having to endure the storm, we just needed to learn to find the eye where the calm is. Finding peace in Him. This is a really intense pop quiz, guys. Are you finding peace in the midst of the storm? Some people have more time on their hands, some are worried about making ends meet when having suddenly lost their livelihood, some are having to work harder than ever at the same job they've had for years and found a routine in. But all of us can find peace, regardless. Suddenly homeschooling? Find peace. Working from home? Find peace. Lost your job? Find peace. Sick? Find peace. Tired of two weeks straight of the longest Netflix binge you've ever been on? Find peace. Running out of toilet paper? Find peace.

The peace that passes all understanding can only be found in the Prince of Peace, Jesus, and He hasn't gone anywhere. Seek Him and and find Him. Find peace.

Comments

Popular Posts