Heroes

Joshua and I had two of the best daddies in the world. Both drummers, both hippies, both fierce defenders of the underdog. And we lost both of them this year. There is something unique about a daddy's role in your life, and when he is no longer there you feel an immense deficit. Joshua was an almost constant companion to his father, I lost that day-to-day daddy routine when I was 7 years old. But no matter how far away, there was a comfort in knowing that he was there, this man whose hands seemed large enough to hold anything, whose arms could comfort any heartache, even his voice held comfort in its tone.


Psalm 68:5 A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.

In all of my life, I have never found personal comfort in that scripture, but now I have a new understanding.  I have always had a Heavenly Father but now in my earthly loss, He consoles me. He defends my daughter. We are not alone.


Comments

Popular Posts