Well Defined

Well.

Well.

Well.

I am struggling with that word right now. When people ask you how you're doing, you may respond with a good, or an okay, or well. Rarely do we expect someone to respond with a not so good, or not really well. But can I be honest with you and say that I'm having a difficult time defining well for myself right now.

The past few weeks and months feel as if I stubbed my toe, got the rug pulled out from under me and then somebody came up and kicked me in the stomach while I was laying there trying to get my act back together. The hits just keep coming and its difficult to catch my breath and find a new normal. Loss, after loss, after loss, and my heart is grieving, and my spirit is weary, and I just generally feel numb and prickly all at the same time.

Yet.


In the midst, I will praise Him. I will find solace in the friends and family who extend their hands and their prayers and their love. I will get my junk back together and start limping again until I can heal enough to run once more. Until I can say I am well, I can be well enough. 


Psalm 46:1-3
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I have found that it is okay to be not well when you face so much so fast. It is okay to ask why because though it all God is there to give a hand to catch you, to help you up and to carry you when get to be to much. God is with you always, God bless you and your family and we are here for you as well.
Jemn H. said…
This is absolutely wonderful. I have heard someone say, "Today isn't as good as yesterday!" I thought to myself that this is the most authentic response I've heard in a long time. I yet pray for you and your family as you go through a truly challenging season. I love your response so much. Thank you!

Popular Posts