Unscripted


It wasn’t supposed to happen this way.

This wasn’t in the plan, it wasn’t marked on the itinerary, it wasn’t on the agenda.

Yet here we are, filled with questions without any answers, tears spilling down our faces. Holding my widowed daughter’s hand, walking her through the valley, laying her love to rest.

And my momma heart wants to kick and scream and pummel things. These aren’t the discussions I thought we’d have, these aren’t the questions I thought I would be struggling to answer.

We’ve gone off script now and I’ve never done anything like this ever and I never want to have to do it again. 

This is a mountain I don’t want to walk around and I don't want to get over it, I want to get through it.  Busting our way through like jack hammers and dynamite making our own tunnel and somewhere at the other side of it finding the light.

Comments

Popular Posts