Radio Silence

Quiet time.

The awkward silence when you don't know what to say.

The atmosphere is filled with all the things we should have said like so many comic book word balloons.

So many people want to feel like they're contributing and rush in with their words. Condolences and questions and words of advice.


But there is strength to be found in reaching out and wrapping an arm around a shoulder. Entwining your fingers with the hand of another. Sitting hip to hip and holding up the burden of another soul. All of your words, your well meant wishes join together and show me the tribe that surrounds me and mine with comfort.

I'm only just okay. I'm not holding up I find myself often on the floor. I'm hanging in there but barely by a thread. But as the days go by and because of your prayers and the grace that the Father gives our voices will once more sing.

Psalm 30:11-12
You have turned my mourning into dancing for me;
You have taken off my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,
That my soul may sing praise to You and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give thanks to You forever.

Comments

Jemn. H. said…
Again, this is spot on. Thank you for being you. Praying for us all to be comforted. Just felt the bout punch again today.

Popular Posts