Captain of Many

My first born son turns 25 today, and allow me to say that as cliche as it sounds, it feels like yesterday I was holding him close to me all sleepy-eyed because even the trauma of birth couldn't wake this kid up from a nap.

He's the best thing that ever wrecked my life and turned it upside down and made me have to start living unselfishly for once. From day one challenging me to be the best mommy I could possibly be, because he deserved that. God took our messed up beginning and placed us in a hand-picked family perfect for growing him up to be a man of God. Giving him the best daddy in the whole world, and then torturing him with four sisters in a row only to finally get that coveted brother at 17. Homeschool, youth group, guitar lessons, getting his hands on a camera for the first time, leading us to film school and where he is today. My boy and his sister, Becca Sweetie, traveling across the country and to Haiti and back and never once finding a place they couldn't sleep. A kid who will eat anything once, jump off a cliff without blinking, learn to drive daddy's truck at 11.


What a gift, this life is, with its ups and downs, heartaches and joys. In the midst of all that surrounds us right now, let me rejoice with you my boy, and celebrate all that you are and mean to me. My world changer, my captain of many, my son.

Comments

Popular Posts