What I'm Reading: February

February caught me off guard with some abrupt changes so I cut back on volume this month and have decided to slow down a bit in my reading. However, I still have a lot to share.

First off, I'm continuing with Savor: Living Abundantly Where You are, as You are by Shauna Niequist. This is a year's worth of devotional readings, one for each day, with some lovely recipes thrown in. Each day is a little gem of truth.


I'm also reading Surprised by the Healer: Embracing Hope for Your Broken Story by Linda Dillow. I only just picked it up last week, but for any woman who is in need of healing from her past this book is very insightful. Once I'm finished I'll post a review.


Another book I'm planning on reading throughout the course of this year is Common Prayer: A Liturgy for Ordinary Radicals. The flow of written prayer is really calming for me right now in this time where I feel like I don't even know where to begin when I sit down to pray. This book gives me a place to begin.

 
For fun this month, I picked up a couple of advanced reading copies from two of my favorite authors. I've already completed, Jane Steele by Lyndsay Faye and you can read my review here.

 
The other much awaited early copy is The Murder of Mary Russell by Laurie R. King. I have just got my eyes on this book, but I've loved everything else she has written in her Mary Russell series so I have no cause to believe this will be anything less than wonderful.


Once I've finished with these gems I have a few waiting in the wings.


 



 


 

Comments

Popular Posts