Full Capacity

I grew up on Star Trek television shows and movies. Whenever I start thinking about capability there's this little dialogue in my head that sounds like, "We need more power, Mr. Scott!" and the response, "I'm givin' her all she's got, Captain!" This always when the Enterprise was in dire straits.

So it goes with me.

I'm giving everything I think I can give, and He requires more. But the supremely awesome thing is that as I allow trust Him to push me beyond what I think I can stand, to stretch just a little further, He increases my capacity to hold more of His goodness.

As I poise myself to hear His voice, I hear Him more clearly and realize He never stopped calling for me. It keeps going on and on in a cycle of stretching and pouring out. Trusting and obeying. Listening and carrying out the instructions.


Comments

Popular Posts