Stand With Me

I don't often make appeals on my blog, in fact I can't remember ever making one, so there's a first time for everything I guess. In the beginning of next year, a group of brave young men and women, including my son, Tony and my husband, will be trekking to Tanzania and climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro. Adventure extreme! However, they are endeavoring upon this journey in order to bring awareness and gather support for the over 27 million people who have been sold into slavery. The plan is to help out a local ministry who is actually rehabilitating the individuals who are rescued from this life of slavery and raise funds for the ongoing ministry. In addition they will be documenting the entire journey in film. Words fail me in bringing light to this subject. The team, Standing for Freedom has put together a short video to put into perspective the magnitude of what they are attempting to do. Of course, my mama heart soars as, you guessed it, my boy will be holding the camera. Please consider supporting the team and check out the video here.



If you are interested in funding the documentary, check out this site.

If you want to support the team, go here.

Comments

Popular Posts