The Long Summer

Well, its been a long time since I last wrote. I had to look back to see exactly how long. Whew, school let out for us at the end of May and then we started our summer with a bang up trip to Myrtle Beach and one thing led to another and here I am back at school for the new year. The summer was long and very eventful and I had so many thoughts pinging around in my head. I don't like to write until I have fully processed and it just seemed that between busy summer fun and really difficult personal challenges, I just couldn't get things thought through enough to put down in blog form.

May seems so far away looking back on it. Camping trips and family time, house guests and summer school. We had some issues to face that were entirely new to us as parents and we are still rising to that challenge. Church events seemed stacked back to back and Goodman would have to forcefully pull away to take short and solitary surfing trips. At times it felt like we had taken a jump off the high dive and were fighting back up to the surface of the water.

Now we're back into a semi routine just in time for Rebecca Lynn to go off for her first year of college and Tony to move into his own place off campus and you can bet there will be many blogs to come regarding those events and the feelings they evoke. Until then, its not that I didn't have anything to say this summer, I just couldn't put it into appropriate words, there was just too much. If I had to put it in a nutshell, this would be it: God is always right on time, my husband is the most awesome person I know, I will survive parenting and so will my kids. There you have it. Its good to be back...

Comments

Popular Posts