Sweet

When I was a kid, I loved finding honeysuckle flowers and pulling out the tiny drop of nectar hidden inside. It was painstaking work to me and not every time was I successful. The reward was well worth the search.

 
I'm reminded of the chore it sometimes is to find the sweetness in everyday life. More times than not I feel as though I'm in a scavenger hunt to seek out the joy. Day by day as the good and bad flutter past me, I must make the choice to harp on the negative or search out the positive. After all the Word says, the joy of the Lord is our strength. What better thing to seek than the exact thing that will sustain us through the hard times and discouragement!

“What I am anxious to see in Christian believers is a beautiful paradox. I want to see in them the joy of finding God while at the same time they are blessedly pursuing Him. I want to see in them the great joy of having God yet always wanting Him.” ~ A. W. Tozer

Comments

Popular Posts