My Boo

Today is my oldest daughter's 18th birthday. The thought completely rocks my world. I thought it was rough when Tony turned 18, but now I'm flashing from me at 18 and her now and I'm flabbergasted. That's the best word to describe what I'm feeling: surprised and completely astonished. I was 5 months pregnant at 18 and thank God she is so...well, not. Don't misunderstand, I have some high hopes for all of my children, but one thing stands firm, I want them to be better than me. I want to influence their lives in such a way that they don't make the same mistakes I did.

Then there is the Boo herself and the story that she has already discovered when she was old enough to count up the months and realize that we must have already been pregnant with her when we got married. Again not a proud moment in my life, but one I can point to and say, "I am so glad that you are here, but don't walk the way I did, its a hard way." Sin is sin is sin is sin and that's the best way I can put it. However, when you find yourself tripped up and flat on your face, dust off, ask for forgiveness and move on. God just might surprise you and turn your stupid mistakes into wonderful milestones in your life in a way that only He can. Bask in the light that He provides and allow Him to lead you and you never know what can happen.

This is not everyone's story, it is mine. It is part of my testimony of how God has done miraculous things in a life that struggles to remain submitted to His will.

Comments

Popular Posts