Wild Child


 Today is Serena Marie Beverly's Birthday. She has officially made it to 14 and daddy and I say, "Thank you, Jesus!" I think I should have known when I was pregnant with her and she would kick me with a fierceness that the others had lacked and when she was born at 10 lbs. 4 oz. and I felt like I had been dragged by a team of mules and then run over by a Mack truck that our name for her was gonna have to be prophetic.


 Serena=calm


Ha! Little did we know that we were calling those things that are not as though they are.



My lactose intolerant, cholicky baby who never wanted my snuggles or my lullabies. My 90 miles an hour, seat of my pants, if you say I can't I'm gonna see how far I can, kid. My father in law saw it when she was a toddler and told me she was going to be a whirlwind and my job was gonna be to corral all that energy. Almost everyday I feel I'm losing that one.


She is our warrior child. She has been fighting since before she was born to stay in the battle. Challenging as she is I wouldn't trade her for all that she has brought to us and still has to give. Every life needs a little bit of wildness to keep it interesting. Bring it on!




Comments

Popular Posts