On Being a Mother

I was reading something recently that said, "Having a baby is like getting a tattoo on your face. You really need to be certain it's what you want before you commit." I couldn't agree more. However, unlike the years and mock ups I agonized over to get my tattoo, I did not approach my babies that way. I just dove in head first. Funny thing, my tattoo is actually all about my babies. Hah!

As a mother I have been pooped, peed and vomited on, hit, kicked, and bitten. My children have pushed me over the edge and pulled up the rope. They have shown me how far my body can go to bring forth new life, how wide my arms can stretch in expressing my love to them, how deep my mind can search to try and figure out a teenager.


Without them I would be skinny, rich, and smart...and utterly and completely lonely and bored. I can't possibly imagine a life lived without these six crazy lovable kiddos and their amazing daddy. Life would not be the same and neither would I.

Comments

Popular Posts