No More Questions, Please

Why me, why us, why now, why not? Life is a questionable affair. I ask lots of questions, partly because I want to do things correctly, and partly because I want to know what I'm doing, where I'm going. When we were kids, my parents would often load us up in the car and start driving, not telling us where our destination was. My sister and I would pester them with questions, only to have them reply that it was a surprise. Because we knew our surroundings we could usually figure it out before we got there. I was never disappointed. I loved that little game.

Now as an adult, I ask the same things of my heavenly Father. But the difference is that I'm not familiar with this road, and I haven't seen these surroundings before and I'm just a little scared because I've learned that I'm not always happy with the momentary destination. This is not a nice country drive or pleasure cruise. Life happens, there are circumstances beyond my control, I am full of questions.
Job 42:1-5
Job answered God: "I'm convinced: You can do anything and everything. Nothing and no one can upset your plans. You asked, 'who is this muddying the water, ignorantly confusing the issue, second-guessing my purposes?' I admit it. I was the one. I babbled on about things far beyond me, made small talk about wonders way over my head. You told me, 'Listen , and let me do the talking. Let me ask the questions. You give me the answers.'" 

Comments

Popular Posts