Great Expectations

Trust and Obey, because there's no other way, to be happy in Jesus, than to trust and obey.

I remember singing that song in Sunday school as a little girl and yet its still such a hard thing to do. At our women's meeting today at church my friend, Deanna, preached on the subject and she was honest enough to admit that she struggles with trusting God too. What is it with us Christians? We can walk out this life of faith with ease giving things up and sacrificing our lives for Him...but do we really trust Him? We give up habits, we choose life and not death, we walk the narrow way, but don't ask me to trust God for all things, please.

Our family has its ups and downs like every family. Sometimes there are questions like what do you want for dinner and sometimes there are questions like what can we have for dinner, you know what I mean? Can I trust that God will supply all my needs, not just those things that are fluffy? He's providing when its a new dress and He's providing when its paying my bills on time. He's providing when I don't know how its all gonna work out and when it feels like life is on cruise control.

Trusting God is a difficult think to do, not because He's an untrustworthy God, but because I may not be completely happy with the turn out of the situation. Sometimes I'm disappointed because my expectations are not met. That's where the problem lies, in my expectations. God is not compelled by my expectations for Him, I should be compelled by His expectations for me. He sees so much further and deeper and beyond anything I can even imagine for my life. So why not trust the control of it to Him?

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight.

Comments

Popular Posts