The Moment You Know It Was Worth It

Sometimes you find God in those moments that you step back and look at your situation from a different perspective...I got this email from Tony this week:

But yeah it's been pretty crazy here, this last weekend was my time to go "crewing" which means I was on set for no less than 6 hrs. on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. So that kinda messed up my homework schedule, but everything worked out. This next weekend I do the whole thing over so that'll be fun. I told about this moment I had on set, that in it's own way was kinda spiritual for me. It was the silence that overcame the entire crew, all 50 of them when the First Assistant Director yelled "quiet on set". Everybody immediately responded, the audio guys started their recording, the camera started rolling, and the Director yelled action. The actors came out did their little actor thing, the camera man was operating the camera, the Director was looking intently at the actors movement and dialogue, the Cinematographer was watching through the monitor in the back, and the rest of the crew was silent.

It was this awesome, nerdy moment of realization for me. It was so beautiful and in it I knew that I was at the right school, at the right time in my life, headed in the right direction. All of the headache, cramming, stress, worries, sleep deprivation, was all worth it. And this wasn't even my picture so who know's how it will feel when I'm in that seat! Anyways, enough of my rambling.
This is what we've been waiting for as parents left at home. I am not foolish enough to think that he's not gonna have other moments of doubt as to his calling, I still have my own doubts for mine at times, but it made my heart glad to read these words from my son. The surety that everything up to this point has been worth the reward of knowing that he's at the right place, at the right time, doing the right thing. And even better he knows its God! I love it and just wanted to share with you all this morning. There's nothing better than realizing that you're right where God wants you to be, well nothing except watching your children realize that for themselves.

Comments

Popular Posts