Chalk Circles


The Circle Maker

There are very few modern writers that I can enjoy everything that they write and never tire of it. Some authors, I have found, write one book and then every subsequent offering is simply a regurgitation of the first; the same words in a different format and order. Mark Batterson's words are always new and refreshing and after reading his latest book I understand why. He shared that every time he authors a new book, he and his staff pray circles around it that it would get into the right people's hands at just the right time. Well, the first book that I had ever read by Mark was, In a Pit With a Lion on a Snowy Day, and it was such a "right book at the right time" moment for me that I was brought to tears when I read about his method of prayer. The Circle Maker was another book that I found at just the right time. Its about praying and not ceasing, daring to dream big and believing that God can do above and beyond what we ask for, looking past ourselves and our present situations to plant seeds for posterity.

Comments

Popular Posts