They Call Me the Pastor's Son's Wife

Okay, since its Columbus Day and all, I decided to be lazy once more and post an old blog. Hope you guys don't hate me but this one always gets me even though I wrote it.


You know whenever I have been to a concert or theatrical production I have always found myself envious of those seated in the front row. I wonder, how much did they have to pay for those seats? Lucky! Still sometimes I think that people feel the same way about those seated in the front row at church. Lucky! But what price paid for that seat? While the payment is definitely not in monetary terms the price tag is still a hefty one. Responsibility and accountability are main stays. At times life as I view it from the front row can become overwhelming and exhausting. How do I live for God, and at the same time keep man happy with me? The effort can be almost too much. Yet as I have been delving in to my daily devotions and seeking God's advice through my other reading I find that when it gets tough God is still right there. With His favor does come scrutiny, yet His divine Hand in my life is unmistakable. Leadership is most times not all it is cracked up to be and the public can be merciless. Maturity says that we stand firm no matter what the obstacle, no matter what the crowd does or says. In one breath they may want to shower you with blessings and then with another they may tear you to pieces with their words.

"In the evening his disciples went down to the sea, got in the boat, and headed back across the water to Capernaum. It had grown quite dark and Jesus had not yet returned. A huge wind blew up, churning the sea. They were maybe three or four miles out when they saw Jesus walking on the sea, quite near the boat. They were scared senseless, but he reassured them, "It's me. It's all right. Don't be afraid." So they took him on board. In no time they reached land—the exact spot they were headed to."


I love this scripture because it is just one more instance when the seas rose up around the disciples and Jesus comes along and makes it all okay. They even reached the place they had originally headed towards. How many times have I found myself in this exact predicament and when it was all said and done I looked around and said "Hey, it was rough sailing there for awhile but look I made it! Thank you God!" Just remember the crowd's opinion of you may change, but God's opinion is what matters.

Comments

Popular Posts