Man's Ideas + God's Anointing=Good Stuff

What really happens when man gives his plans over to God's leading? Wow, what an amazing exchange! Its almost as awe inspiring as a sinner trading all his or her garbage and receiving eternal life instead. It overwhelms me all the time when I think about how God plants a seed of a dream inside me and then He allows me to follow through. Believing all the while that it is my own idea, I then submit it to the Author of my life and He gives me the power and ability to bring it to pass. The key is the submission. When we lay down at His feet and are willing to sacrifice the thing that we hold dear, He comes through and makes a way for us. He is not some monarch with a control problem who wants to beat His subjects into doing His will. Oh no, he greatly desires for us to come to Him of our own free will and ask for His help and guidance.
2 Thessalonians 1: 11-12 Because we know that this extraordinary day is just ahead, we pray for you all the time—pray that our God will make you fit for what he's called you to be, pray that he'll fill your good ideas and acts of faith with his own energy so that it all amounts to something. If your life honors the name of Jesus, he will honor you. Grace is behind and through all of this, our God giving himself freely, the Master, Jesus Christ, giving himself freely.

Comments

Popular Posts