Labels

You know I've never been one for following the crowd. Fads just don't pull me in like they do most people. Even in high school my mother called my style or lack thereof, "classic". She always encouraged me to join clubs which I fought because I just couldn't find one that I totally agreed with. As I've grown older and developed a family of my own I fight against the stereotypes associated with it. We have homeschooled, public schooled and private schooled. I have been part of a church denomination and the wife of a non-denominational pastor. I've received my bachelors degree in psychology and began work on my master's all after having my children. Worked and stayed at home...But I have never found the niche that I seemed to fit into. If everybody's doing it or if its the cool thing to do, I don't want any part of it. Maybe you call that rebellious. I call it nonconformity. I hate fitting into somebody's mold. Don't look at me and my characteristics and think you've got it all figured out. I really don't want to take on a label and for people to have me all sized up before they even get to meet me. Sometimes a sampling of people can ruin the category for everyone else that's in it. Personally, I have always liked the miscellaneous category. You never know what you'll find there, but you can be pleasantly surprised.

Comments

Popular Posts